How to Choose Woven Landscape Fabric for Your Greenhouse
Growing plants in a greenhouse is a wonderful experience. It differs greatly from simple growing crops in your outdoor garden. You get a perfect opportunity to savor fresh vegetables and fruits all year round. It’s possible to gather several yields several times during one season. Yet, to get the best results, you have to consider the following factors:
- The area you live in. It’s clear that the climates of California and Alaska are absolutely different. It means that temperature extremes are also different. It influences the choice of building materials;
- The type of construction. There are various types of greenhouses. Some of them need extra heating while others don’t. It’s up to you to pick the building materials. The effectiveness of the construction depends greatly on your choice;
- The plants you are going to cultivate. There are vines that like heat and vines that prefer cooler climate conditions. It’s not a good idea to cultivate extra hardy plants in the greenhouse.
Alongside numerous advantages of the greenhouses, there is a couple of disadvantages. One of them is that you still have to take care of the greenery. It’s necessary to provide vines with the needed level of moisture, direct sunlight, and nutrients. Moreover, it’s still important to get rid of weeds.
The problem of weeding in greenhouses
It’s a big mistake to think that weeds are not typical for greenhouses. Some beginner gardeners are sure that if there are no insects inside the construction, there are no pesky plants. It’s not true. The thing is you can’t get a good harvest without pollinators. Moreover, the insects are not the only weed carrier. You can bring seeds on the gardening tools, equipment or even on your shoes.
Whether you like it or not, sooner or later you have to solve the problem of weeding. It’s important to get rid of pesky plants both inside and nearby the construction. Otherwise, the vines are able to spoil or even kill the crops. There are several ways you can use to prevent weeding.
It’s possible to apply chemicals or cover beds with the help of landscape fabric. The last variant is the most preferable one. It has the following advantages:
- It’s effective. When buying chemicals, you can’t be sure they will work. Nowadays there are many fake means on the market. As for the landscape fabric, it’s almost impossible to purchase a fake variant. You can see and check the material;
- It is not dangerous for other vines, humans, and pets;
- It’s good for any type of crop or flower.
Yet, it’s very important to pick up the most suitable variant for the very your greenhouse. There is a wide range of available options. To get acquainted with the full list and offer the needed one, you can here.
Secrets of successful choice of woven landscape fabric
There are two types of landscape covering you have to know about. According to the characteristics of the texture, you can buy woven or non-woven variants. The first type is better when it comes to vegetable cultivation. It suits any shape of the vegetable beds.
You have to pay attention to the following characteristics of the covering:
- Size. It’s possible to find the materials of any size. It may be perforated or not. You should keep in mind that the ready samples do not have holes for plants. You may do them by yourself. It’s not difficult and requires no additional tools;
- Color. The most popular and wide-spread variant is black. It’s also possible to find light shades. Yet, the dark one is more practicable;
- Used materials. You may choose between plastic, linen. And recycled types. The polyester or polypropylene samples have perfect durability and a long lifespan. One of the most important criteria is material safety. The polyester or polypropylene variants are harmless to the environment.
Moreover, woven ground cover is not only the best means to get rid of weeds but also to keep your greenhouse in order.