Tear gas residue can cause serious health problems if not properly handled. Professional tear gas cleanup service should be contacted immediately. Hiring a professional will make the remediation job very easy. There are four (4) basic steps to follow in order to effectively clean up a tear gas residue.
- The initial evaluation- An expert cleaner will first perform an initial evaluation of the situation to ascertain the extent of the damages. The extent of the damages caused by the tear gas will determine the cleanup strategy that will be used. Professionals are familiar with the different types of tear gas and they know the exact method to use for the cleanup. Encapsulated suits and respirators are worn at the site to prevent exposure to the harmful effect of the tear gas residue.
- Create a cleanup plan- Creating a plan for the cleanup procedure is very necessary. For instance, tear gas is flammable. Therefore, the cleanup process should not involve heat. The cleanup technician should discuss the cleanup procedure with the owner of the property. The cleanup plan includes;
- Cleaning each item in the property and also cleaning all the affected areas.
- Covering air vents to prevent the spread of harmful bacteria.
- Sealing off the affected rooms from the clean rooms to avoid cross-contamination.
- Implement the cleanup plan-This is the third stage in the tear gas remediation process. It involves carefully implementing the cleanup plan that has been created. All porous materials are examined. The ones that are salvaged will be disposed of. The cleaning process should start from the top floor and proceed downwards. If all the cleaning process is completed, all the cleanup team should use one exit to avoid re-contaminating the clean areas. All surfaces should be thoroughly cleaned with a good cleaning agent. Professionals first move out the porous materials from the room and ensure that the ones that are not salvaged are disinfected and restored.
- The conclusion of the job- The final stage of the cleaning process is the completion of the job. Professional tear gas cleaning service providers go into each room and check if there are any leftover hazard from the tear gas. They will ensure that the air ducts are inspected.
It is important to contact an experience tear gas cleanup service to decontaminate the entire building. They have adequate equipment for the job. This equipment is also used to filter the air in the room to eradicate any bad odor. The remediation team will respond to your call as soon as possible to handle the situation. They are quite experienced and they know the right techniques to apply to control cross-contamination. The entire remediation process can be completed within two weeks. The aim of the remediation company is to make the environment safe again.
Before contracting a tear gas cleanup company, find out how long they have been in operation. The longer the company has been in existence the more experience they will be. Also, inquire if they are adequately certified to perform cleaning services.