Your Use for the Fascias and Soffits: The best Options
Infiltration problems, mold appearing, these are important factors. It is surely time to start a fascia and soffit renovation. This intervention can seem colossal when you are not a professional. However, repairing your fascia and soffit is essential for your home. Water leaks and mold could get worse. And your fascia and soffit renovation would only cost more whereas sometimes, a quick and simple intervention is enough to solve the problem. Repairing your fascias and soffits is easy when it comes to cleaning your gutter or replacing a tile. However, a total change in coverage is another story. Don’t panic, we give you 6 tips to properly repair your roof. This type of work is not trivial. We must therefore prepare accordingly and know how to act according to each case.
For this work to go well and lead to good results, follow our advice. But do not forget that many cases of fascia and soffit repair require the intervention of a professional.
Request quotes for the waterproofing of your roof
Identify problems before you act
Check the condition of your fascia and soffit before any intervention. Inspect your fascia and soffit from the outside but also through the attics and attics to find the source of the problem.
You could detect a fascia and soffit leak or even broken tiles or panels. The affected areas must be identified as precisely as possible in order to act effectively.
You will need to make sure that the repair makes your fascia and soffit airtight and waterproof. Otherwise, you may have to remove moss from your fascia and soffit in the future, if it is not already necessary.
- Do not make repairs on a rainy or windy day.
- A fascia and soffit repair is already a rather dangerous intervention. Do not take more risks by carrying out work on a day of bad weather.
- The stability of a fascia and soffit is reduced. A windy climate therefore increases the risk of falls.
- The rain represents an even greater danger. Your fascia and soffit becomes slippery. But also, water seeps more easily if you are in the process of changing a tile.
- So choose a dry day to repair your roof.
- Choose a sunny day to repair your roof.
Be equipped accordingly
It is out of the question to go to a fascia and soffit without adequate equipment. This intervention requires vigilance but also specific tools. Limit the risks and the trips back and forth between the fascia and soffit and the mainland with these objects:
- A roof ladder, for more safety and stability when accessing the roof,
- Protections such as a helmet or a harness in the event of a fall,
- The shoes fit,
- A forceps to remove nails or fasteners,
- A hammer,
Roofing glue, mortar or putty:
- A curled shingle or a small crack? Use roofing glue
- A hole in a masonry flashing? Use roofing mortar or putty
Remember that this does not eliminate all risk for you. On the other hand, a craftsman will know how to avoid risks thanks to his expertise.