Leakages, Blockages, And Damages All That Can Be Ruled Out By Professionals
Anyone would find it annoying to be forced to listen to a constant drip of a leaky faucet. It seems like a simple leak, but could actually mean there may be serious issues with your pipes. Pipes leak when they begin to deteriorate, or are clogged, which leads to serious problems for you, your belongings, and your home. There are several warning signs to look for as well as solutions when issues are found.
What Causes Leaky Pipes?
Pipes can begin to leak by many various ways:
- Shifts in the foundation- Over time, homes shift and settle causing major changes to your water lines which can eventually rupture or disconnect.
- Water pressure which is high- High water pressure leads can be very damaging to your pipes. Water moving at high speeds through your pipes as well as unexpected direction changes in the water flow can cause leaking which increases the chance of your pipes exploding.
- Tree root burrowing- Tree roots will become attracted to small cracks in your pipes releasing water vapour into the soil which causes a burrowing issue.
- Pipe corrosion – Galvanized or copper pipes are usually issues with older homes that are vulnerable to rusting.
- Changes in temperature- Changes with temperature like cold weather, can causes cracks in pipes which leads to leaking.
- Blockages- Clogs and blockages can become dangerous causing leaky pipes, pipe bursts, or explosions.
All factors must be under control for leak prevention and clogs. A licensed plumber must be called in to perform an inspection so that disaster can be prevented.
Your entire home can have major issues from leaking pipes or clogs and ignoring the issue for too long can destroy your entire home. Clogs, leaking pipes, and poor water quality can cause serious and expensive damages like flooding, black mould, wall stains, and warping. If left unchecked, these is will reduce your home value making difficulties and expensive money loss if you plan to sell your home in the future.
The cost of having to hire a plumber as well as having to replace a wall can be costly. Mould wealth can be caused by excess moisture in your home. Mould has a tendency to grow in bathrooms, however, it is also found behind walls and under sinks. Leaky pipes that cause hidden mould can cause extremely dangerous health issues that need to be immediately addressed.
The damage will become serious as well as costly if ignored for an extended period and can actually cause severe flooding in your home. One pipe explosion is all it takes for serious water damage that causes your home to become flooded which is both timely and expensive to repair. You will save money by preventing this issue from the beginning.
When is it Time to Call a Plumber?
What are ways that you can identify a malfunctioning plumbing system? First, you should take a look at your water. A foul odour, clogs, and water discolouration are things to look out for. If you notice warped or stained walls you should call a plumber over for a pipe check.
Visit website to see how serious issues can be prevented by having routine plumbing checks performed by a licensed plumber. Having these checkups can put an end to most of these problems before they become serious. Pipe corrosion can begin from various issues with your pipes or water system.
You put your home is at risk for poor water quality as well as water damages when you allow these issues to get out of hand. If you suspect pipe issues you should call a licensed professional plumber right away which can offer all the knowledge and tools for pipe inspection. You will be glad that you contacted licensed plumbing professional to assess your home.